Do you need to control the temperature of your cargo without having to wire your trailers? Frotcom’s WTS-1 Wireless Temperature Sensor is the right choice for you.
|WTS-1 wireless temperature sensor is a wireless temperature transmitter that can be used in most logistics environments to measure a given
temperature. WTS-1 along with Frotcom's telematics system provide the perfect temperature sensor telematics for your vans, trucks and trailers.
The unit features a powerful 868MHz transmitter, designed for long-range wireless communications, such as trailer to cab. Once installed, temperatures are transmitted at intervals of 3 minutes and can be received in-cab.
WTS-1 is programmed to transmit wireless data directly to the in-cab Frotcom device and subsequently temperature breaches will be detected and communicated to Frotcom's data centre.
The telematics system will update the temperature readings for that vehicle and check for alarm conditions.
Here are some benefits of using Frotcom's Wireless Temperature Sensor
- Quick and easy to install.
- Wireless communication – no cables.
- Unique identification system for fleet tracking.
- Immediate alerts when the temperature goes out of critical limits.
- Increase customer confidence.
- Real protection against perishable goods being lost due to wrong temperature.
- Protects income against goods, insurance claims or reimbursements.
- Increase safety: Prevent delivery of goods, which may be hazardous to the consumer’s health.
How it works
The WTS-1 wireless temperature sensor transmits temperature readings directly to an RF receiver connected to Frotcom's tracker. Available in a range of enclosures including food industry standard polypropylene moulded housing, the receiver operates between -25° and 55°C.
The RF receiver connected to the tracker can receive data from several different wireless sensors, allowing Frotcom to monitor doors, temperature, security seal, etc.
|The main features of Frotcom's WTS-1 Wireless Temperature Sensor are:
- Wireless 868MHz frequency
- Programmable transmission rates (default 3 minutes)
- Accuracy to within ±0.5°C
- Sturdy moulded food grade plastic.
- Long life lithium battery (4-7 years)
- Transmission distance of up to 150 metres
- Environmentally robust -25°C to +55°C
- Protection class IP68
- Approvals: EN300-220-1
- Internal antenna