Do you need to remotely control the access to the inside of a trailer when you transport valuable goods, through a security seal? Want to do it without having to wire the trailer? Frotcom’s WSS-1 Wireless Security Seal is your choice.
|WSS-1 is a wireless security seal that can be used in most logistics environments to control the access to a trailer's cargo.
WSS-1 has evolved over years of specialist applications to provide the most accurate and reliable system of monitoring seal functions. Unprecedented seamless data feed then provides simple connection to harmonise with any telematics or existing in-cab device.
WSS-1 provides the highest security level random number code. WSS-1 is programmed to transmit wireless data directly to the in-cab device and subsequently door openings/closings will be detected and communicated to the Frotcom data centre, where the door open status for that vehicle is updated and checked for alarm conditions.
Here are some benefits of using Frotcom's Wireless Security Seal
- Highest level of security seal available.
- Zero maintenance – no wiring to get damaged/broken.
- Makes retro-fitting simple and cost-effective.
- Enables immediate exception reporting and alerts.
- Know when security is compromised outside permitted areas.
- Increases customer confidence.
- Real protection against cargo theft and suspect deliveries.
- Monitors seal for increased theft prevention.
- Protects income against stolen goods, insurance claims or reimbursements.
How it works
||Each time the security seal is opened/closed, WSS-1 sends a wireless message through an RF receiver connected to the Frotcom in-cab GPS tracker, which in turn sends it to the Frotcom Data Center.
The data message contains the trailer identification, a covert seal number and optional alert for open or closed seal conditions.
The unit features a powerful 868MHz transmitter, designed for long-range wireless communications, such as trailer to cab.
|The main features of Frotcom's WSS-1 Wireless Security Seal are:
- Wireless 868MHz frequency
- Long range narrow band technology
- Immediate security signal when seal is opened
- Programmable transmission rates (3 minutes by default)
- Transmitter housed in robust moulded logistics grade casing
- Long life lithium battery (5-7 years)
- Quick installation
- Transmission distance of up to 400 metres
- Environmentally robust -25C to +55C
- Protection class IP 65