Do you need to control the access to the inside of a trailer when you transport valuable goods? Want to do it without having to wire the trailer? Frotcom’s WDOS-1 Wireless Door Open Sensor is your choice.
|WDOS-1 is a door open sensor that can be used in most logistics environments to detect when a door is opened and closed. It then sends a wireless message through a receiver connected to the Frotcom in-cab GPS tracker, which in turn send it to the Frotcom Data Center.
The switch/magnet is attached to the door and frame and the variable length cable can be provided to meet your individually determined requirements to best mount the transmitter box.
Here are some benefits of using Frotcom's WDOS-1 Wireless Door Open Sensor
- Zero maintenance – no wiring to get damaged or broken.
- Makes retro-fitting simple and cost-effective.
- Enables immediate exception reporting and alerts.
- Know when the door is opened outside of your permitted areas.
- Increases customer confidence.
- Real protection against cargo theft and suspect deliveries.
- Monitors door for increased theft prevention.
- Protects income against stolen goods, insurance claims or reimbursements.
How it works
||WDOS-1 is programmed to transmit wireless data directly to the in-cab device and subsequently door openings/closings will be detected and communicated to the Frotcom data centre, where the door open status for that vehicle is updated and checked for alarm conditions.
The unit features a powerful 868MHz transmitter, designed for long-range wireless communications, such as trailer to cab.
|The main features of Frotcom's WDOS-1 Wireless Door Open Sensor are:
- Wireless 868MHz frequency
- Long range narrow band technology
- Immediate security signal when door is opened
- Programmable transmission rates (3 minutes by default)
- Transmitter housed in stainless steel and robust moulded logistics grade casing
- Long life lithium battery (5-7 years)
- Quick installation
- Transmission distance of up to 400 metres
- Environmentally robust -25C to +55C
- Protection class IP 65