Database and Systems Administrator (SRE & DBA)
Frotcom International SA is a Portuguese company active in the development of Fleet Management systems (Telematics). Our software, Frotcom, is currently sold in 40+ countries around the world, through a network of Frotcom Certified Partners.
You will be working in our office in Carnaxide, Portugal, where we have a team of 40 #amazing #people, working in areas such as Software Development, Account Management, Logistics, Marketing, and Administration, among others.
Our strong points?
We believe in being focused, and that success comes from providing the solution users want. We firmly believe in teamwork and in learning from our mistakes. We work ethically and fairly and that is why people tend to stay with us.
We contribute to a better world and we are really making a difference because every year, Frotcom helps companies to lower their carbon footprint.
You will be joining a motivated software agile-driven team and be responsible for Frotcom Data Center infrastructures and IT assets used by the organization.
So, what will you be doing as a Database and Systems Administrator (SRE & DBA)?
To perform this job successfully you must be able to execute the following tasks:
- Provisioning and maintenance of Frotcom Data Center infrastructure;
- Maintenance of databases and storage solutions;
- Monitoring of all systems to ensure high levels of service to clients, 24/7;
- Implement and maintain alert mechanisms for all Frotcom services’ status;
- Implementing and monitoring backup policies and disaster recovery plans;
- Assist Development and DevOps Engineers regarding Databases and other Infrastructure elements.
Wondering what skills are needed? Here they are:
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and later);
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2016 and later) and IIS;
- Experience with NoSQL data storage solutions (Azure CosmosDB, Azure Blob and Table Storage)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Prevention over remediation;
- Passion for resilient systems;
- Communication skills;
- Good English skills, written and spoken;
- Organized and methodical;
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Attention to detail.
Other valued skills:
The DBA Assistant must have a Graduation in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related field and 2+ years of experience with similar responsibilities.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary;
- Health Insurance;
- Hybrid working to allow a better work-life balance;
- A dynamic and international work environment;
- An agile environment where you can learn, share, and where your ideas are valued;
- Highly challenging technical projects on an international scale;
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy;
- Integration in an organization with a solid track record and sustained growth.
Is this job made for you? Send us your CV.