Remote cargo temperature monitoring with Frotcom
Monitoring temperature during transportation is a mandatory requirement for many industries. In some countries, the legislation requires it as a standard specification item for temperature-controlled transport.
Perishable cargos, including food and pharmaceuticals, are highly susceptible to temperature changes. To ensure cargo integrity, it is essential to maintain temperatures at recommended levels and avoid any sudden changes and unnecessary losses.
According to FAO (The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization), roughly one-third of the food produced annually for human consumption — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted. A statistic that translates into higher costs for both producers and suppliers, which is passed onto consumers in their grocery bills at the checkout counter.
Intelligent transportation companies have gone further, seeking solutions that allow them to study comprehensive historical data and consequently plan to avoid future losses in transit.
Frotcom’s temperature monitoring is the perfect complement to the existing thermograph you may already have in your semi-trailer. It will monitor temperature and send the information directly to the Frotcom Data Center, through the installation of one or several temperature sensors (one per different cargo compartment). In fact, Frotcom can even interface directly with some thermographs, removing the need to install additional temperature sensors.
With Frotcom you will be able to set alarms and generate reports based on the information received from the temperature sensor, enabling you to react quickly and potentially save your cargo if the temperature fluctuates above acceptable limits.
Frotcom’s Remote Cargo Temperature Monitoring module is designed to ensure that cargo temperature remains within the correct range and notifies you of any sudden changes, providing a variety of alerts, analytical features, and reports that include:
- Vehicle location history and trip duration
- Idle times at stops, loading and unloading sites
- Record of cargo temperatures while traveling
- Fuel consumption during trips
- Alarm history
Cold chain maintenance through Frotcom's Remote Cargo Temperature Monitoring module offers the following benefits:
- Real-time alerts directly to onboard terminals, as well as SMS or email, to immediately warn drivers and fleet managers when the temperature fluctuates beyond acceptable levels
- Increased customer satisfaction with the level of service provided and reliability of the goods delivered through documented compliance with quality standards, leading to an enhanced company reputation for responsibility and reliability
- Effective protection against losses of perishable goods due to incorrect temperatures, which avoids the need to replace damaged goods or compensate customers
- Temperature-control legislation compliance
Together we can address the risks your fleet faces and deal with them comprehensively.
- Cargo temperature
- Sistem upravljanja voznim parkom
- GPS praćenje vozila
- Remote Cargo Temperature Monitoring