Protect your fleet against vehicle theft
In the past two years, truck thefts on the roads of Chile averaged 60% of all incidents that ended in truck or cargo losses.
Decapack - a company dedicated to providing professional services at all stages of the moving process, and a client of Frotcom in Chile – is not part of these vehicle theft statistics, thanks to their use of Frotcom’s technology, which triggers the alarm when a truck is stolen along with its cargo. These crimes directly affect the operating costs of road transportation companies, for example, increasing insurance premiums and the expense incurred to recover vehicles and their cargo. There are additional costs and inconveniences due to deliveries being lost, such as customer frustration at delays or the extra mileage incurred to collect and deliver new cargo.
Decapack has put its trust in Frotcom for several years, relying on a detection system that acts automatically when cargo is being stolen. Vehicles can be immobilized remotely so that thieves are forced to abandon the trucks they have stolen. Hence, the authorities have an easier job recovering these vehicles, often moments later and usually with all the cargo still intact.
How to protect your fleet against vehicle theft
- Employ a GPS fleet tracking system that provides you with the position of every vehicle in your fleet 24/7.
- Use mobile or radio to allow immediate communication between drivers and the office.
- Implement instant alert systems, either through the traditional panic button or with automatic alarms when an event occurs in the vehicle (Door open sensors, Area exit and entrance alarms, etc.)
- Place symbols or stickers that indicate the vehicles are protected by tracking systems to discourage thieves.
These are just some of the security measures you can take into account when protecting your company’s fleet and assets.
- Vehicle Thefts
- Fleet management software
- Panic button
- Road transportation