Resilient fleet cost containment strategies - Convention
Frotcom Botswana proposes a professional convention to dialogue on how to maintain profitability amid the fuel price movements, which have an inevitable impact on the whole value chain, by hosting a Stakeholder Convention at Mokolodi Nature Game Reserve, in Gaborone from the 26th to 28th of October 2022.
According to Lindiwe Masuku, CEO of Frotcom Botswana, this Convention will provide a forum for outage management/fleet professionals to exchange experiences and best practices related to the Fleet's strategic development and sustainability, in response to fuel price volatility.
Experienced professionals in Fleet, Transportation, Logistics, Business Strategy, Finance, and Accounting will be engaged as moderators and facilitators of the Convention.
The fleet stakeholders will have the chance to deepen their knowledge in this matter, by being able to:
- Enumerate the major elements of a cost analysis
- Describe how to carry out these elements
- Cover some basic concepts of conducting a cost analysis of a logistics system.
- Work with delegates to understand the process and steps involved in assessing costs in a logistics system.
- Introduce some of the basic principles of cost analysis
- Vehicle Management, and Fleet management systems
- Vehicle maintenance and up-keep, and Vehicle usage
- Cost Analysis in Logistics Management
- Defining the Major Factors that Drive Fixed and Variable Costs
- Calculate Relevant Fixed and Variable Costs, and Assess Unit Costs and Total Costs
- Discovering the most competitive delivery method
- Using intelligent fleet management systems to proficiently handle related processes
- Routing and scheduling of Fleet
- Determining transportation, production, scheduling, and research processes
- Determining the rate of production material, supply consumption, and flow of finished goods.